Manager, International Business Development
For our affiliate, Portland Holdings
About Portland Holdings:
Headquartered in Canada, Portland Holdings is a privately held investment company which manages public equity, private equity as well as having direct ownership interest in a collection of diversified businesses operating in sectors that include media, tourism and financial services. Overarching all of our investments are our interest principles; own a few high quality businesses; thoroughly understand these businesses; ensure these businesses are domiciled in strong, long term growth industries, use leveraging prudently and hold these businesses for the long run.
As investors, we have two investment objectives: to preserve and grow wealth.
A unique opportunity awaits a dynamic, innovative, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader who has demonstrated academic excellence and professional achievement.
Supporting the Chairman, Michael Lee-Chin and in conjunction with the various senior management teams, through a job shadowing and mentorship term, you will have the ability to define and implement the actions needed to achieve his vision for growth through existing and new markets by:
- Researching and identifying new customers and growth opportunities
- Evaluating growth opportunities from a strategic standpoint, by conducting analysis on industry, market, and competitive landscapes
- Building/reviewing financial models that support investment, negotiations, pricing and other deal terms
- Preparing executive presentation and presenting to executives
This role is designed to give exposure to our private equity, banking, financial services, asset management, multi-line/life insurance and agricultural companies both in Canada and international locations.
- MBA strongly preferred
- At least 5-7 years experience in the financial services industry, particularly in a management role
- Experience in accounting/finance and financial modeling
- Full understanding of financial statements
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking
- Passionate and relentless about growth, you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high value relationships over time
- Self-starter with strong time management skills and self discipline
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Innovate/creative problem solver
- Self confident and able to act on constructive feedback
- Exceptional organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Frequent international travel, especially to the Caribbean and Latin America
- Additional languages considered an asset such as Spanish
This position will be based out of our Burlington Head Office. We offer competitive compensation including an excellent group health benefit plan, training and development reimbursement, health and wellness programs, onsite cafeteria and free parking.
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.