For our affiliate, Portland Private Equity
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The successful candidate will be expected to take a pivotal role in delivering the financial reporting needs of a private equity firm. The role will require the successful candidate to prepare, assist and review a variety of deliverables to include audited financial statements, management accounts, the provision of information for tax reporting purposes and ad-hoc reporting for entities administered by the Private Equity department in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards.
- Period-end close and reporting in accordance with US GAAP/IFRS for each entity
- Post/review all journal entries and prepare monthly/Quarterly trial balance reports
- Assist with the annual external audit, tax and regulatory filings for all entities
- Ownership of intercompany accounts receivable and payable duties, including expense reports
- Assess and implement best practices and internal controls, as required
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare wire transfers
- Assist in preparing capital calls and distribution notices
- Interacting with stakeholders and providing information as needed
- Other ad-hoc projects as requested
- Enrollment or completion of CPA program required
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of financial accounting experience in corporate or investment environment required
- Possess an understanding and experience in the full accounting cycle.
- Experience with tax is an asset
- Strong organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, sumif functions, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Qualified applicants should email resumes to PEGResumes@aicgh.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.