Corporate/Compliance Law Clerk
For our affiliate, AIC Global Holdings Inc.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain corporate records, prepare resolutions for routine matters such as dividend declarations, changes to directors and officers, name changes, annual resolutions and obtain required signatures
- Assist in the preparation and filing of non-financial regulatory compliance filings for various registrants
- Maintain and monitor the outside business activities list
- Assist in the preparation of periodic compliance questionnaires
- Complete know-your-client (KYC) requests and maintain and update KYC information
- Support Paralegal on fund formation and investment transactions
- Assist with the creation of new entities, including fund and investment structures
- Assist with the preparation of specific agreements, legal documents and provide standard templates as situation requires, including drafting and execution of standard non-disclosure agreements
- Assist with complex financing transactions
- Coordinate with other professional advisors including specialized legal advisors; ensure that deliverables are met within set timelines and that associated time and disbursements are accurately captured
- Communication and coordination with various stakeholders across the conglomerate – board of directors, senior management, and other departments
- Special projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work cooperatively with others as part of a team and also able to work independently on certain tasks.
- The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, prioritize workflow, and to follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required.
- Possess superior attention to detail, organizational, analytical and English written and oral communication skills.
- Committed and flexible team player and able to work extended hours when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Keep current on any regulatory developments that affect our business.
- Excellent keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with demonstrated expertise in Word, Outlook and Excel (Power Point knowledge is an asset).
- Be willing and positive towards advancing skills and adapting to new responsibilities.
- College Diploma Law Clerk Program or equivalent work experience.
- Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario an asset
- Minimum 5 years of recent and related experience working in a law firm, asset management industry or in-house legal department.
- Experience maintaining off-shore companies and with off-shore regulators would be considered an asset.
- Experience handling complex litigation files would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.