Payroll, Compensation and Benefits Specialist
For our affiliate, Portland Investment Counsel Inc.
- Administer the automated payroll on a semi monthly basis as well as all yearend activities;
- Prepare related payroll reports;
- Maintain relevant paperwork associated with new hires, terminations, transfers, salary adjustments;
- Reconcile the Group Health Insurance Benefit invoices and prepare the related payroll reports;
- Review and analyze quarterly as well as annual Group Health Insurance Experience Reports as well as participate in annual research on insurance companies offering group benefits to ensure the company remains competitive within the market;
- Participate in salary surveys to analyze results to ensure company pay practices are competitive for comparable market skills, abilities and knowledge;
- Complete job analysis and evaluations to determine appropriate salary levels and market pay rates to ensure both internal and external equity; approve new and revisions to job descriptions including the grade levels;
- Oversee attendance management on ADP ensuring that all records are complete and accurate;
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and statistical data is up to date on ADP;
- Administer annual revisions to the Pay Equity Plan;
- Administer all aspects of the RRSP Matching Program;
- Ability to perform other human resources functions relating to Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management, Training, Employee Relations as well as Health and Safety as required.
- Achievement Orientation – A concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence - Sets and works to meet challenging goals
- Analytical Thinking - Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc. by breaking it into smaller pieces - Identifies multiple elements of a problem and breaks down each of those elements in detail, showing causal relationships between them
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance
- Conceptual Thinking - The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related - Clarifies complex data or situations
- Customer Service Orientation - Focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s or client’s needs
- Expertise - The ability and motivation to expand and use technical knowledge or to distribute work-related knowledge to others
- Organizational Awareness - The ability to understand and learn the power relationships in one’s own organization or in other organizations
- Bachelors Degree/College Diploma required
- Human Resources Certificate required
- Payroll Compliance Practioner (PCP) or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) an asset
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in payroll, compensation and benefits
- Familiarly with ADP Workforce Now
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.