For AIC Global Holdings Inc.
- Act as quality control by reviewing work (accounting documents/output) prepared by other members of the Accounting team.
- Prepare / review interim and year-end financial statements with supporting notes, tax provisions and financial covenant calculations.
- Prepare / review tax filing (HST, QST, income tax, etc.)
- Prepare / review audit schedules for year-end audit, including answering questions from auditors.
- Identify, recommend and assist in the implementation of departmental improvements/enhancements (either through technology, training, workflow, etc.).
- Participate in team meetings to promote team building, review new policies and procedures and assist in problem identification and resolution.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Achievement Orientation – A concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Analytical Thinking - Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc. by breaking it into smaller pieces
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance
- Commitment to Continuous Learning - Taking action to continuously learn in order to improve individual professionalism and effectiveness within the organisation
- Concern for Order - Reflects an underlying drive to reduce uncertainty in the surrounding environment
- Information Seeking - Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues
- Initiative – The ability to identify a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and taking action in light of this identification to address current or future problems or opportunities
- Teamwork and Cooperation -Works cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively
- Bachelor’s Degree/College Diploma, Accounting preferred
- CPA designation required
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in accounting field, preferably in the mutual fund industry.
- Previous experience working with Great Plains Dynamics desired.
- Previous tax experience an asset.
Reporting to: Manager, Corporate Accounting
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
At AIC Global Holdings Inc., we support diversity and equity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.